[FFmpeg-user] ADPCM block size for XAudio

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jan 4 01:09:17 EET 2018

On Tue, Jan 02, 2018 at 10:31:48 +0000, Martin Wahnschaffe wrote:
> Problem is that ffmpeg always uses a blocksize auf 1024. xaudio only
> supports block sizes of up to 512. It would be good to make the blocksize
> configurable to make it compatible.

Have you tried the MS-ADPCM output of sox? I haven't gotten around to
checking what it does, and have a hard time unterstanding the meaning
of block size in the ADPCM context, and interpreting ffprobe's output.

How could I test with Xaudio2, assuming I have access to Windows?

> Do you think someone will build a fix for this in the near future? Any
> suggestions for a workarround?

Perhaps it's just a matter of changing the BLKSIZE macro in
libavcodec/adpcm.h, if you only want to use it for adpcm_ms. I haven't
figured out whether that's the right approach. (If so, it could be made
a configurable variable, and made to default to something appropiate
for adpcm_ms.)

Moritz