[FFmpeg-user] essence MD5 for still images

*** gli7676 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 21:38:54 EET 2018

Hello

Somewhere I discovered that ffmpeg will create essence MD5s for supported
still image formats.  I began using the following command to verify that
the image essence did not change in photos after their IPTC metadata is
revised.  Because there is no documentation of such a use case on the
ffmpeg site nor anywhere else on the web I have begun to doubt that this is
a valid use of ffmpeg or this command.  Is anyone else doing this?  Even if
you aren’t I would appreciate any comments or observations that you care to
share.

ffmpeg -i INPUT -map 0:v -f md5 OUTPUT.md5

Thank you

Kevin Irelan