[FFmpeg-user] Combine 2 small GIF images to small animated GIF, fails with "Decoder (codec none) not found for input stream #0:0"

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 01:26:40 EET 2018

> % ffmpeg -f image2 -i blue_%d.gif

This did work in the past but at the same time, most gif files
were not supported at all so it is very unlikely that current
behaviour will change in the future (work-arounds are trivial
depending on what your gif files contain - technically).

Or in other words: It is a feature that we support many gif
files for which above syntax cannot work while we dropped
support for above use-case (that iirc would only work for a
small number of gif files).

> ffmpeg version 3.4.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers

Please remember that on this mailing list, only current
FFmpeg git head is supported.

Carl Eugen