[FFmpeg-user] essence MD5 for still images

*** gli7676 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 23:25:16 EET 2018

On the same subject, when calculating the MD5 of an audio WAV file ffmpeg
defaults to 16 bit.  If the input is 24 bit it is my understanding that
it needs to be explicitly reflected in the command as -c:a pcm_s24le
otherwise the resulting MD5 will not be accurate.  Are there comparable
variations in the way ffmpeg processes still image files of different
formats, bit depths, etc., that need to be accounted for in the command
that is used?