[FFmpeg-user] QSV Decoding and QSV Encoding Live Stream

Jose Luis Bravo josezkaos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:49:05 EET 2018

I've recorded a short clip from a DVB-T stream:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aoe7406d87h3k

If QSV Decoder would work with live streams, this would be enought:

ffmpeg -hwaccel qsv -vcodec h264_qsv -i dvbt_Stream.ts -vcodec h264_qsv -vf
deinterlace_qsv -y test.ts

But that fails.

Somehow, if the stream is copied and piped into another ffmpeg ... it works:

ffmpeg -i dvbt_Stream.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts -| ffmpeg
-hwaccel qsv -vcodec h264_qsv -f mpegts -i pipe: -vcodec h264_qsv -vf
deinterlace_qsv -y test.ts

Stream is copied, decoded with H264_QSV and then encoded with H264_QSV, all
under HW Acceleration.

But this workaround is not valid to me this time ... I need to avoid the
use of pipe.

Is there any other way to get it work?