[FFmpeg-user] Lossless and colour preserving pix_fmt?

Jim DeLaHunt from.ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Thu Jan 11 07:24:47 EET 2018

On 2018-01-10 20:15, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> On 2018-01-07 21:29, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
>>> Hello, ffmpeg'rs:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to overlay animated GIFS onto one white background, with some
>>> text at the top.  I'm looking for an incantation which a) does the job and
>>> b) leaves all the colours of the animated gifs unchanged.
>>>
>>> What options tell ffmpeg not to mess with the colour values, not to change
>>> colour spaces, not to reduce precision of colour coordinate values?
>>
>> The best answer to this appeared in an answer to SuperUser question,
>> /Lossless universal video format /[1]
>> <https://superuser.com/questions/486325/lossless-universal-video-format>.
> Because of its age, this "answer" is not only outdated but in your
> context simply wrong.

Great!  Want some SuperUser points?  Write a better answer to that
question there, and I'd be happy to upvote it. Whatever it takes to get
reliable guidance on using FFmpeg into written form. :-)

Best regards,
      —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953