[FFmpeg-user] Adding "loop" atom to the video header via FFMPEG

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jan 13 17:34:50 EET 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 16:57:12 +0530, Vikram Parmar wrote:

Please try to avoid top-posting.

> >> Any other tools you are aware of which would allow adding of custom
> >> atoms? Those instructions in stackoverflow answer were quite daunting.

I'm not aware, but I'm no expert. In my humble opinion, they should
exist. You need to google yourself though.

> >> Woukd mp4box help in any way?

I don't know.

> >>  We are using php, would it be possible to add/modify file headers
> >> in php?

If PHP can do anything that scripting can do, it might be able to
achieve the same thing the Stackoverflow entry suggests.

> > You mentioned the presence of "LOOP" atom in apple docs,
> > https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/
> > QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFChap2/qtff2.html
> >
> > Could this "loop" be the same thing? If so, how to add this apple movie
> > atom via ffmpeg?

I don't think so. From my understanding, atom names are case sensitive,
so "loop" != "LOOP".

> I tried using some AtomicParslet commands
>
> e.g AtomicParsley giphy9.mp4 --meta-uuid "beam" text "loop"
>
> But it doesn't add stuff like its needed as shown in the stackoverflow
> article

I tried that too, but I believe those are not top-level atoms you can
add. As I said, AtomicParsley does not seem to be able to add arbitrary
atoms.

Moritz