[FFmpeg-user] Raw file generation takes more time with FFmpeg libraries

m.kamalasubha m.kamalasubha m.kamalasubha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 13:03:33 EET 2018

Hello all,
  I used the following link to install ffmpeg 3.3 version in windows,
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MSVC
I am able to generate a raw file using the command and it takes less than a
second in window,
*ffmpeg.exe -ss <timestamp> -i <clip_name> -t <timestamp> -vcodec rawvideo
-pix_fmt rgb24 -f rawvideo -an <output.raw>*
I just renamed the main function in ffmpeg.c with the user defined name and
called  that function from another user defined function (from my own
code).
After linking the ffmpeg libraries with my own code, I am able to generate
the raw file but it takes more time.
I am little confused here. Why it takes more time? Am I missing anything
while linking the libraries ?