[FFmpeg-user] Bitrate range when streaming to udp

Alex Alex win2000rus at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:26:15 EET 2018

I'm sorry my explanation may be really unclear. I'll make one more
attempt :)

I have a *.ts file. I want to stream it via udp. No transcoding or other
similar things, just one stream of MPEG TS. And I'd like to have CBR of
the stream, as constant as possible.

When trying to stream the file (with ffmpeg, vlc, tsplay etc.), I get a
terrible bitrate dispersion which was shown at the picture (see link in
the first message of this topic). I was very unhappy with this. And I
was surprised that all tools I have used give me terrible bitrate
dispersion. May the problem be not in tools but in the source file? Is
it possible to prepare the file better in order to get better result
stream bitrate? Or, is the result stream bitrate independent of the
source file?

WBR Alex