[FFmpeg-user] H.264 with pcm_mulaw audio live RTSP streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 13:16:42 EET 2018

>> Is the timing information in the status line of ffplay also completely off?
>
> Yes, the audio/video synchronization drift is constantly increasing.

I don't think there is a "drift".
The timestamps are just increasing too fast. This is reproducible
with old versions of FFmpeg (back to 0.9) and I cannot play the
stream at all with vlc. In addition, we have a file output from another
Hikvision server here that has broken timestamps so I am tending
to a server issue.
As a work-around, you can record the stream with something else
than ogg (for example avi) and then re-encode that file, the result
should contain sane timestamps.
If you use the option "-rtsp_transport tcp" you should not see the
errors that are in your console output, "-qscale 2" ensures maximum
quality, you can reduce the bitrate when encoding to ogg.

Not necessarily related: Encoding to mkv-vpx-opus should produce
smaller and not less compatible files.

Carl Eugen