[FFmpeg-user] Reencoding video from image sequence doesn't work (sometimes)

DopeLabs dopelabs at dubstep.fm
Fri Jan 19 15:47:45 EET 2018

once you have your image sequence, encoding them into a movie should be pretty straight forward. i have done lots of work using image sequences as source material for audio visual loops, etc...

the following is assuming your image files are named in an ascending sequence and there are no missing or skipped numbers, are jpg's, and is 30 fps

$ ffmpeg -pattern_type glob -r 30 -i '*.jpg' -c:v h264 -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuv420p -movflags +faststart output.mp4