[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Frédéric fma at gbiloba.org
Sat Jan 20 16:55:14 EET 2018

Le samedi 20 janvier 2018, Carl a écrit :

> If the issue you see is not reproducible with vanilla FFmpeg,
> this is not the right mailing list.

Kodi forum sent me to ffmpeg forum :o/

> (I am not saying there is no issue, just that you have to test
> if you can reproduce the issue with current vanilla FFmpeg.)

I don't know if there is an issue: I just want to understand how things
work.

Are there different ways to decode a Dolby stream? Is it possible
that ffmpeg chose a different approach than amplifiers (audio chips) do?

Are there some parameters Kodi can give to ffmpeg so the decoding changes?

--
    Frédéric