[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Frédéric fma at gbiloba.org
Sat Jan 20 18:11:09 EET 2018

Le samedi 20 janvier 2018, Carl a écrit :

> >> We can't assure that the issue you see with Kodi is because
> >> of an issue within FFmpeg or within Kodi (or in your receiver)
> >> because you don't tell us...
> >
> > I can't tell,
>
> Why?
>
> > as I don't know how things work between Kodi and ffmpeg
>
> This is completely irrelevant:
> Either the issue is reproducible with FFmpeg, then we know
> there is an issue or it is not, then you can go back to the
> Kodi developers.
>
> I don't think we should completely rule out an issue with
> the hardware decoder: Once you tell me how you
> reproduce the issue with FFmpeg, I will test with my
> hardware decoder.

The problem is I have no clue how to do that! I'm not a direct user of
ffmpeg: this is Kodi which uses it... When I see how many options ffmpeg
have, this is obviously a complex tool ;o)

If you can explain me how I can read and send the audio stream of a video
file, using ffmpeg of my NUC running LibreElec, switching from passthrough
to 5.1 internal decoding, well, I can give a try.

I don't have any laptop I can use to make some tests...

--
    Frédéric