[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Frédéric fma at gbiloba.org
Sat Jan 20 18:46:58 EET 2018

Le samedi 20 janvier 2018, Carl a écrit :

> (Did you already ask this and I missed it?)

No, I didn't, because I was not planning to do that. My initial goal was
only to see if there were some obvious known differences between ffmpeg
decoding and AV receiver chips decoding.

> Download a current static Linux binary from
> https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

There is already a ffmpeg binary. I guess it is better to use it first, as
this is the one I run with Kodi.

> You have to find out how to output audio: You most
> likely have an alsa output, the following works fine
> here, other devices may exist:
> $ ffmpeg -i yourfile -map 0:a -f alsa hw:0
> If this fails, provide the complete, uncut console output.
>
> This is the command for another alsa device on my
> system (so you get the possible syntax):
> $ ffmpeg -i yourfile -map 0:a -f alsa hw:1,7

They use pulseaudio, not alsa :o/

--
    Frédéric