[FFmpeg-user] Compressed audio streams (DTS, Dolby) decoding

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jan 20 23:44:55 EET 2018

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 19:24:19 +0100, Frédéric wrote:
> But it is also possible that Kodi team made changes leading to this issue:
> as they use their own versioning, it looks like they change the code...

This is apparently the source code of the ffmpeg version they are
building (and you are using):

http://codecell.org/codecell/LibreELEC.tv/tree/501d64503f5b31cc5b0a6f30d689b34b195a7729

which is basically based on this ffmpeg commit:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/tree/9702d0d42684b289a74048131ab39f1afd38afd2

They seem to provide some patches, but only one of them is not old,
IIUC:

http://codecell.org/codecell/LibreELEC.tv/tree/501d64503f5b31cc5b0a6f30d689b34b195a7729/packages/multimedia/ffmpeg

While I see their make scripts, I don't see how they got their version
"8.2.1-21" into it. So we may not be seeing all, or I didn't look hard
enough.

I get the impression they didn't change anything else though, but
that's just an assumption. If so, they are using ffmpeg's AC-3
unmodified. Just for the record. This won't (yet) help to understand
whether Kodi does something special, or even how its kodi.bin is built.

Moritz