[FFmpeg-user] Impossible to convert between the formats - but why?

Andre andreesteve at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:47:54 EET 2018

Hi,

I am trying to understand why I am getting the following error and see what
I can do to workaround it.

I am trying to transcode the output of an IP Camera using partial hardware
support:

 ffmpeg -y -loglevel warning -rtsp_transport tcp -hwaccel cuvid -c:v
h264_cuvid -i rtsp://192.168.2.10/11 -c:v mjpeg out.mjpeg

But I get the following error:

Impossible to convert between the formats supported by the filter
'Parsed_null_0' and the filter 'auto_scaler_0'

Is there a way I could get more insights on what particularly trigger this
message?

Thank you!
Andre