[FFmpeg-user] stream to LAN without destination receiver

ieleja listes ielejalistes at ieleja.lv
Sat Jan 27 04:53:29 EET 2018

hi,

there is USB camera, connected to Linux server (192.168.0.50). I need
online video from this camera and sometimes analyze video from this
server or other workstation in LAN

for now I use this command:

ffmpeg -s 720x576 -f video4linux2 -standard pal -i /dev/video1 -vf yadif
-f mpeg1video \
-b:v 800k http://192.168.0.50:8082/pass/720/576/ \
-c copy -f mpegts -b:v 800k -vcodec mpeg1video udp://224.0.1.5:3467

first stream goes to same server node.js stream server, which makes
HTML5 video using websockets:
https://github.com/phoboslab/jsmpeg
this works stable and is with little load on server

second stream is multicast, which can be received by any workstation in
LAN by image analyzing and recognition program, written with OpenCV library

this also works, but multicast stream screws up all networking in LAN,
wi-fi slows 10-20 times

therefore I need other solution for second stream. there is ffserver,
but it makes significant delays

question:
may be there is some method to stream without receiver? just if someone
need to get this stream, he goes to some address and receives

nice solution was to get stream from my HTML5 page, but I can not teach
my OpenCV to this

regards,
ieleja