[FFmpeg-user] Error converting .m4a to .mp3

Bernhard Döbler programmer at bardware.de
Sun Jan 28 22:53:46 EET 2018

Hi,

I want to convert an mp4 file from iTunes to MP3 using ffmpeg.
For on certain file I get error:

~~~
Program: c:\Program
Files\ffmpeg-20180121-78e884f-win64-shared\bin\ffmpeg.exe
File: ../../src/lame-3.100/libmp3lame/vbrquantize.c, Line 783

Expression: vbrsf[sfb] >= vbrsfmin[sfb]

way.
~~~

I understand the exceptioon is thrown my lame; not ffmpeg.
I asked this question on the lame page over at sourceforge. They told me
to convert the .m4a file to .wav and then use LAME.exe to generate the
.mp3 file and see if this errors comes up.
I tried that and it did not come up.

Can you give me a hint what might be the cause of the error?

Best,
Bernhard Döbler