[FFmpeg-user] Reencoding video from image sequence doesn't work (sometimes)

serialhex serialhex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:19:40 EET 2018

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>

> 2018-01-18 22:34 GMT+01:00 Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>:
> > Are the attachments of your output file the reason for the
> > issue: Does it disappear if you only put one video and one
> > audio stream in the output file?
> Did you comment on this question?
> Sorry if I missed it, Carl Eugen

I tried it but may have forgotten to post that it didn't work, as I've been
trying a lot of different things.

My current workaround is transcoding to WEBM (with pretty high quality
settings) and then back to whatever it was (MKV usually).
The reason I don't stay in WEBM is because *nothing* I've found will read
the subtitles, and I don't speak japanese yet.

The one thing I noticed is the length of the audio track is usually a bit
longer than the video track when doing the reencoding.
Like audio is 00:24:02.00 and picture is 00:23:59.77, though it's not
usually a 2 second discrepancy, more like a half second or so.
I've mostly figured this is just because a single picture frame is
displayed longer than an audio sample, and there's more
samples over all and blah blah blah........

Thank you for your help though!!!

More information about the ffmpeg-user mailing list