[FFmpeg-user] Reencoding video from image sequence doesn't work (sometimes)

serialhex serialhex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:19:40 EET 2018

wrote:

> > Are the attachments of your output file the reason for the
> > issue: Does it disappear if you only put one video and one
> > audio stream in the output file?
>
> Did you comment on this question?
>
> Sorry if I missed it, Carl Eugen

I tried it but may have forgotten to post that it didn't work, as I've been
trying a lot of different things.

My current workaround is transcoding to WEBM (with pretty high quality
settings) and then back to whatever it was (MKV usually).
The reason I don't stay in WEBM is because *nothing* I've found will read
the subtitles, and I don't speak japanese yet.

The one thing I noticed is the length of the audio track is usually a bit
longer than the video track when doing the reencoding.
Like audio is 00:24:02.00 and picture is 00:23:59.77, though it's not
usually a 2 second discrepancy, more like a half second or so.
I've mostly figured this is just because a single picture frame is
displayed longer than an audio sample, and there's more
samples over all and blah blah blah........

Thank you for your help though!!!