[FFmpeg-user] how to build ffmpeg into one static program without any dependent dynamic library

qw applemax82 at 163.com
Thu Jul 5 12:55:37 EEST 2018

Hi Moritz,

I have installed the following packages:

yum install glibc-devel glibc-static zlib-static libstdc++-static

And I use the following command to build static ffmpeg without any dependent dynamic library:

./configure --disable-ffplay \
--extra-libs='-static -L/usr/lib' --extra-cflags='--static' \
--enable-version3 --enable-asm --enable-x86asm --enable-avfilter \
--enable-static --disable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --prefix=/usr/local/ \
--enable-stripping

But I also want to build static ffmpeg with the option of '--enable-libmfx'. I fail to run the following command:

./configure --disable-ffplay \
--extra-libs='-static -L/usr/lib' --extra-cflags='--static' \
--enable-version3 --enable-asm --enable-x86asm --enable-avfilter \
--enable-static --disable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --prefix=/usr/local/ \
--enable-stripping --enable-libmfx

configure reported :
/bin/ld: cannot find -lva
/bin/ld: cannot find -lva-drm

Is there any way to install install libva and libva-drm libraries?

Thanks

Regards

Andrew