[FFmpeg-user] tee pseudo muxer instance -> pipe to ncat

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jul 15 23:25:37 EEST 2018

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 21:46:58 +0200, Dragan Randjelovic wrote:
> I am trying to achieve the following under windows and I am wondering what
> would be the right syntax for it,
> while explicitly I do not want to invoke another ffmpeg process.
>
> -f tee "[onfail=ignore][f=mpegts] pipe:1>nc64 -L -p
> 1234|[f=mpegts]udp://IP:1234/"

I don't mean to be too picky about your choice of words, but you are
not telling us what you are trying to achieve, but only what you are
actually trying. ;-)

So you're trying to output both to udp and to a pipe, which goes to
netcat?

The nc call needs to be outside the ffmpeg command, receiving its data
from the pipe. You would attach that on the command line as
  | nc64 -L -p 1234
(a pipe _after_ the ffmpeg command, which picks up its stdout).

Note the '|'. The '>' you used is an operator for redirecting to files.
The redirection also shouldn't be part of ffmpeg's muxer command.

BTW, ffmpeg can also listen on a TCP port, as you're doing with netcat:
$ ffmpeg [...] -listen 1 -f mpegts tcp://localhost:1234
Don't ask me how to combine that into the tee muxer's syntax, I'm sure
you're up to that task already. :-)

Cheers,
Moritz