[FFmpeg-user] Attempting to hardcode subtitles - no subtitles are present

Tim Smith me at tgs.id.au
Mon Jul 16 12:39:56 EEST 2018

hey guys, i'm trying to hardcore/burn in .srt subtitles for a media player that doesn't support separate sub files (playing over DLNA which I believe doesn't support using a separate subtitle file.)

I am using ffmpeg like so: https://pastebin.com/XmmfErNE

testing the .srt with VLC works fine, but when trying to hardcore with ffmpeg, the output media doesn't have any subs burned in.

am I doing something wrong? my ffmpeg seems to have been compiled with --enable-libass, as is required by the subtitle filter.

cheers,

--
  Tim Smith
  me at tgs.id.au