[FFmpeg-user] Can I get hardware decode of WMV with qsv encode?

Jason Coleman pobox at chiencorp.com
Wed Jul 18 21:54:10 EEST 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I can use the QuickSync support to handle WMV files. QuickSync itself I believe can handle WMV, but I don't see a codec option I can invoke that appears to designate WMV decode using the qsv engine.

If I can't use qsv directly to handle wmv3, is it possible for me to specify dxva2 for the decode(presumable using QuickSync via DirectX) part, but then have QuickSync handle the transform(resize) and encode stages? I think dxva2 would be fine for the transform as well, I don't think it will work on the encode stage for qsv based h.264/h.265, but if I'm wrong there, that's fine.  The goal here is to offload as much of my transcode operation as possible when transcoding from a wmv2/3 source to an h.264 or hevc target.

Thank you!