[FFmpeg-user] Autolaunch FFMPEG when network traffic detected

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Jul 20 19:14:33 EEST 2018

On 7/20/2018 3:55 AM, yannickb wrote:
> I am trying to build a*headless encoder*  that would*autostart*  streaming
> with*ffmpeg*  as soon as it receives a stream on a given port (let's say a
> MPEG-TS stream on UDP/3000) and output it to a blackmagic SDI output.

Why start/stop ffmpeg at all? (there must be a reason)

xinetd definitely isn't a good solution because of the pass-through problem.

I think you'll be better off putting some code together to do this; possibly
using netcat as the listener and having it start ffmpeg somehow. You'll
still have to use a timer to stop it.

Later,

z!