[FFmpeg-user] multiple outputs to different processes

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Jul 21 20:20:12 EEST 2018

On 7/21/2018 9:01 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> 1. How can I pipe output of ffmpeg without saving it to a file to three
>> different processes?

>> 2. Is it possible to use encoded stream with different muxers ex. -f mpegts
>>> udp and -f rtp_mpegts > rtp
>>     and pipe first stram to process one, and seccond stream to process two ?

> But udp and rtp cannot work with pipes because both are network
> output protocols (pipe is another protocol).

Windows complicates this a bit, and you haven't give much detail on the
inputs and outputs.

It's possible that you could make this work on windows using powershell and
'tee'; have one ffmpeg process write to stdout, pipe that into tee, and have
tee writing into another ffmpeg's stdin. You'll have to experiment and do
some research on the exact mechanisms (the sites superuser.com and
stackoverflow.com are good resources for this).

Doing this kind of thing in a single command string seems a bit prone to
error and breakage. Can you split the input (what is it??) and  feed
separate muxer processes?

Later,

z!