[FFmpeg-user] multiple outputs to different processes

Dragan Randjelovic logicomyu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:59:00 EEST 2018

Thanks Carl,

> It is about one input stream - mpets that has already been
> > muxed properly including metadata, that I want to multiply
> > and deliver to different processes
>
> I may misunderstand this sentence but if it means that FFmpeg
> should not mux your stream (but only "multiply" it) then please
> understand that FFmpeg always creates a new output "file" (or
> stream) with different properties than the input, it cannot pass
> the input file through.

To clarify and make things easier, I am the content creator.

indeed specification of muxer metadata happened internally to the same
ffmpeg process, and described in the leading portion of ffmpeg command,
otherwise for sterile throughput I  would have to use nimble streamer or
something else....

For example mpegts muxer options were issued in it's entirety before the
part of the command where tee pseudomuxer is being overrided by fifo, and
inheritance is effective for any slave f=mpegts muxer,
so that you don't have to repeat  so many switches for multiple mpegts
instances being created....

Thanks.