[FFmpeg-user] How to make ProRes files with SMPTE DTV audio for 5.1

Mark Scott mark_scott at charlietango.com
Tue Jun 19 01:33:52 EEST 2018

Hello,
I'm very new to ffmpeg. I work at a production company and I need to make
Broadcast ProResHQ files with 5.1 audio plus Stereo on Ch.7&8.

I haven't been able to figure out the command line inputs to get the
correct audio configuration. I'm attaching a screen grab of the inspector
windows for the Master file, and for the broadcast file that I have made
successfully with other software. The resulting audio needs to be as
follows: 24-bit Integer (little Endian) SMPTE DTV (L R C LFE LS RS LT RT)
48kHz. Our master files are exported with 6 mono tracks and 1 stereo track.

The following command line creates a ProResHQ file with Stereo audio.

ffmpeg -i TEST.mov -c:v prores -profile:v 3 -acodec pcm_s24le
TEST_ProResHQ.mov

How can I change the command line to get the SMPTE DTV audio?

MASTER FILE:

BROADCAST FILE WITH CORRECT AUDIO CONFIG:

Thank you,