[FFmpeg-user] Warning : Thread message queue blocking

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Wed Jun 20 11:21:50 EEST 2018

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, yael Laouar wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to stream live using ffmpeg a set 3D camera and microphone to Facebook in order to realize a 3D live. I've the workflow complete now, meaning that I can stream from my set to Facebook, but I still have a problem.
>

> If I launch my streaming it will work a little bit but after a while, a ffmpeg warning appears :
>
> [avfoundation @ 0x7fbd9f000000] Thread message queue blocking; consider raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 512)

This typically means your system is too slow for realtime transcoding,
therefore the input queue fills up after some time. Raising the input
queue size rarely resolves this. Try using a faster preset or lower
resolution and make sure the speed indicator in the ffmpeg output does not
go below 1x even after a few minutes.

Regards,
Marton