[FFmpeg-user] Anyone having success capturing hours of 4k video, reliably and with low loss, using ffmpeg?

Jim DeLaHunt from.ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Fri Jun 29 00:50:52 EEST 2018

On 2018-06-28 14:21, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> We tried a simple experiment. We set up a 4K camera in the
>> office. A straightforward ffmpeg invocation did capture a
>> couple of minutes of video. But there were nasty artifacts
> Command line and complete, uncut console outupt missing.
>
> In this case, you should also tell us which operating system
> you have, which cpu and which graphics-card (if applicable).

You are missing the question.

I am not asking for help to diagnose that simple experiment. I am asking
if others have had experience with the top-level goal: capturing hours
of 4k video, reliably and with low loss, using ffmpeg.

I can use whatever capture card, operating system, CPU, and graphics
card are necessary to build a system that works, and costs less than
what Vendor A would charge us for their closed system.

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/
(http://jdlh.com/)

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953