[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe reported data

Alvaro Jimenez alcejibe at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:53:02 EEST 2018

The issue that I have at hand is that I have some streams that are showing 5 Mbps for bitrate, but the engineers writing some code say that they are encoding at 1024 kbps. The 5 Mbps is being reported from metadata, but the encoding engine is just passing along an arbitrary metadata file with the stream, which is incorrect.

I use ffprobe thinking that it is actually probing the media stream. Decoding a segment and reporting the metrics that it finds.
I'd like to get the actual decoded data details. Specially bitrate.

Thanks for your help.

     [http://graphics.hotmail.com/emarrow_right.gif]   Alvaro C. Jimenez  [http://graphics.hotmail.com/emarrow_left.gif]