[FFmpeg-user] Generate MPEG Transport stream from audio files only

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 9 13:56:11 EET 2018

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 19:51:03 -0800, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> One thing missing is some directed speculation even before the cmd line is
> sent; it's a valuable part of troubleshooting and helps those asking to learn.

Yes and no. Speculating will help the OP avoid providing more
information. It might solve the issue and we never know why.

In this case, the complete error description was "However, It doesn't
work with a AAC file." My correct answer would have been "It works for
me" (and yes, I actually tried).

> You might try providing dummy video to go with the audio (I know some
> software doesn't deal well when there is no video stream).

But then you are ignoring the OP's original request: "How can I send an
audio-only file." I *did* speculate that the described error meant "ffmpeg
doesn't work", but it is known to work with aac audio only, so, from
the point of getting ffmpeg to work, no need to add dummy video. But
that too was directed speculation. So in all honesty: It's easier to
ask what's actually going wrong.

Moritz