[FFmpeg-user] strange video cut

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:09:54 EET 2018

> Hi everybody, I cut a .vob file with ffmpeg.

I did not completely understand the rest of your message
(command line including complete, uncut console output
missing) but let me just say that FFmpeg is unable to "cut"
an mpeg stream, it is able to read mpeg streams, write
mpeg streams and seek, meaning whenever you do
something like "ffmpeg -ss 10 -i input.vob -c copy out.vob"
you are not "cutting" your input file, you are writing a new
file which may or may not be what you want.

Iirc, cutting mpeg streams is absolutely possible (back
in the days, projectX was my first choice) but as said it
is not something you can do with FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen