[FFmpeg-user] h264_vaapi missing frames

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Thu Mar 22 03:22:24 EET 2018

On 21 March 2018 at 19:17, Mark Thompson <sw at jkqxz.net> wrote:
> If that doesn't work then I suggest reducing the test case to find which parts are causing the problem - e.g. try without audio, using libx264 instead of VAAPI, without extra video sync ("-vsync 0").

Thanks! Will give it a shot.

> Aside:  the command you have there does colour-conversion on the CPU (x11grab makes bgr0, the format filter there makes it convert to nv12 before upload).  It is possible to do the conversion on the GPU instead by putting a conversion after hwupload, which is often faster: "-vf 'hwupload,scale_vaapi=format=nv12'" (though note that this has less control over colourspaces, so the colours can be a bit wrong in some cases).

https://s.natalian.org/2018-03-22/1521681432.mp4.log
I'm getting hwupload,scale_vaapi=format=nv12: Invalid argument

Did I miss something?

My native resolution is 2560x1440, but I don't mind it being scaled
down to 1080p. Would that help things I wonder? Will have to try as
soon as figure out the CLI.