[FFmpeg-user] Prevent Circular buffer overrun

Mitja Pirih mitja at alternet.si
Thu Mar 22 15:44:14 EET 2018

On 20. 03. 2018 14:57, Jernej Stopinšek wrote:
> try to play around with kernel parameters and increase values for:
>
> net.ipv4.udp_rmem_min
> net.ipv4.udp_mem
> net.core.rmem_default
> net.core.rmem_max
> net.core.netdev_max_backlog
> net.core.netdev_budget
>
> also check interface Ring parameters:
> ethtool -g [interface]
>
> and increase RX and TX to maximum:
> in my case:
>
> ethtool -G eth0 rx 4096 tx 4096
>

> Check out this document:
> https://blog.packagecloud.io/eng/2016/06/22/monitoring-tuning-linux-networking-stack-receiving-data/
>
> and enable RPS and RFS.
>
> This solved my problem with Circular buffer overrun when adding more instances.

Tested your suggestion but it does not help. I've tested from 10% up
from defaults values up to 10x from default values (following a couple
of tuning guides). The only thing I can not test is Ring parameters as I
am getting all multicast traffic on lo (loopback) interface. Still
checking on RPS and RFS if there is any real use on lo as it is a
virtual interface.