[FFmpeg-user] h264_vaapi missing frames

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Fri Mar 23 12:21:51 EET 2018

On 23 March 2018 at 14:06, Erik Dobberkau <erik.dobberkau at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you only capture a fraction of the frames your device is actually
> producing without motion blending, isn't that to be expected?

A fraction of the frames? I should iiuc be capturing at 30 fps. I am
not quite sure how to tell how much is being dropped (which I don't
want!)

it's just over 14.65s. So there should be at least 14*30 420 frames encoded.
  Input stream #0:0 (video): 92 packets read (1356595200 bytes); 92
frames decoded;

Are you saying I'm doing something wrong with capturing?