[FFmpeg-user] dvd2concat.pl fails with lsdvd's "Couldn't read enough bytes for title." message

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Fri May 11 20:23:48 EEST 2018

This is self response to correct my misunderstanding...

> 2018/05/11 午後7:47、桃源老師 <xanadu6291 at dream.jp>のメール:
>
> My problem is that even though lsdvd itself is seems to working, dvd2concat immediately exits after "Couldn't read enough bytes for title." message.  The resulting file test.vob is just 2944 bytes in size.
> In my thought, the size of test.vob should be close to DVD_VIDEO size.  Also it may take much more time to get resulting file.  Am I doing any wrong?

dvd2concat never outputs VOB file.  It outputs a text file which contains VOB relationship.

The resulting text file can be used with ffmpeg or ffplay like the following:

$ ffplay -f concat -safe 0 -protocol_whitelist "file,subfile,concat" \
-i dvd_video.concat

$ ffmpeg -f concat \
-safe 0 -protocol_whitelist "file,subfile,concat" \
-i dvd_video.concat \
-c:v libx265 -preset medium -tag:v hvc1 -crf 23 \
-c:a libfdk_aac dvd_video.mp4

I have written a guide to use dvd2concat in Japanese.  Here's the link:

https://xanadu6291.stars.ne.jp/?p=572

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi