[FFmpeg-user] Is there a reason the default vsync for the mp4 muxer is not 2?

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Thu May 24 08:18:11 EEST 2018

Hm, I found https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/91360ce61d00bb20429fb41857abebf50a5c6b1d. It says timespamps must start at 0 and that "causes sync problems" - is that about audio? I don't have any audio in my files, maybe that is why I'm not experiencing problems?

I usually use http://mp4parser.com/, which shows hex, which I cross reference with https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFChap2/qtff2.html.