[FFmpeg-user] Question about rendering and photo dimensions.

Hwaen Ch'uqi hwaenchuqi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:34:59 EET 2018

Greetings,

Out of pure frustration, I write again, having (I believe) read and
reread the relevant sections of the ffmpeg filters manual. The "best"
that I could come up with is the following command:

ffmpeg -i FILE.jpg -i FILE.mp3 -vf loop=-1:1:0 -shortest FILE.mp4

where the thinking is to have the jpg file loop until the audio file
has been completed. I do not include console output here, because
after more than an hour of the machine churning away and finally
interrupting the process, the console output had amassed to over 70MB!
The mp4 file, whose initial inputs were a jpg file of 1.8MB and an
audio file of 7.4MB, was 139.7MB and counting! So again, I ask for any
practical advice/explanation. Clearly, I still do not understand how
the loop video filter works.

Thank you again.

Hwaen Ch'uqi