[FFmpeg-user] Animation issues - colors faded and washed out

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:38:32 EET 2018

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018, 13:53 Ron Barnes <rbarnes at njdevils.net wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to compress an animated cartoon.  When I view the before/after
> side by side there is a significant difference between the two.

With what playback software?

My input is vibrant with robust color and my output is faded with a washed
> out look.
>
> Here is my ffmpeg command.  If someone could, would you please recommend a
> setting that could preserve the quality as much as possible, while still
> compressing the file size?

You'll need to post the complete uncut terminal output including your
command line for us to tell you what might be the issue. I guess a few
seconds of the input sample too couldn't hurt.

Best,

 Kieran