[FFmpeg-user] Compressing animation - result has washed out colors

Ron Barnes rbarnes at njdevils.net
Thu Nov 22 13:50:37 EET 2018

Hello All,

I am not able to attach any before and after frames as the frames captured are too large to be attached.

I have attached a screen copy of the output log from FFMPEG.

The issue I'm having (and I have gotten help already, thanks to all) is the colors are faded and washed out.  I have been trolling the documentation site and trying differing command options but nothing seems to work.

Here is my line command...

ffmpeg -i "Wreck_It_Ralph_Full_Bluray.mkv" -c:v libx265 -analyzeduration 10M -probesize 10M -preset medium -map 0 -c:s copy -c:a:0 libmp3lame -b:a:0 128k -reserve_index_space 1000k -crf 20 -s 3840x2160 -color_primaries bt2020 -color_trc smpte2084 -colorspace bt2020nc -color_range tv -ac 2 -c:a aac -b:a 128k -metadata title="Wreck-it Ralph" Wreck-It_Ralph.mkv

Thanks to all,

-Ron