[FFmpeg-user] Merging VP9 files, without audio

Morten W. Petersen morphex at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:55:49 EET 2018

Hi there.

I have a project which takes images using a webcam, called surveil:

https://github.com/morphex/surveil

These images are compiled into a (short) video, and then mailed.

Now I'd like to add a feature, where videos are downloaded, and scanned for
motion.

So these videos have to be merged together into one file, and I guess
prepending and appending 5 minutes to a 24 hour segment, should give for
example OpenCV the necessary data to detect motion in that segment.

What's a good, non-resource-intensive way of merging VP9 videos into one,
using ffmpeg?

Regards,

Morten