[FFmpeg-user] Select a single program from mpegts

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:48:59 EET 2018

> I need an utility that can receive a complete mpeg transport stream on one
> multicast address, select one particular program and stream it to another
> multicast address. For example, this works perfectly for me:
>
> ffmpeg -copy_unknown -i udp:/224.0.0.1:20001  -map 0:p:3001  -c copy  -f
> mpegts udp://224.0.0.2:20001

(I am not convinced that ffmpeg is the right tool for this kind of
retransmission, just in case this isn't obvious: A new output stream
is created with new properties, FFmpeg is unable to just strip the
unwanted parts of an mpeg stream.)

> Program #3001 is a standard SD channel with MPEG2 video and MP2 audio.
>
> However, when I try to stream program #3003, which is a HD channel with H264
> video, I get the following error:

Command line and complete, uncut console output missing.

Carl Eugen