[FFmpeg-user] Detect Frozen video

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:09:51 EET 2018

I don't know if there is a way to use ffmpeg to do it. I use a little
program I made to monitor the bandwidth and if it drops off it restarts the
stream. I'm using Ubuntu Linux and Python with the sysdig command to get
the bandwidth of each individual ffmpeg process. I have 5 ffmpeg's going at
once so this way I can restart only the one that crashes. With Windows you
can only get the bandwidth of the entire network card.