[FFmpeg-user] Performance Tuning for Raspberry Pi

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:29:46 EEST 2018

> The command is:
> ffmpeg -f v4l2 -i /dev/video0 -vf
> drawtext="fontsize=20:fontfile=FreeSerif.ttf:textfile=/dev/shm/Sensors.txt:
> reload=1:x=(w-text_w)/2:y=(h-text_h)/2" test.mpg
>
> The output is:
> ffmpeg version 3.2.10-1~deb9u1+rpt2 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg

This is more than two years old and it is possible that current
FFmpeg git head contains more optimizations for arm (I don't
know). If they exist, they should make a measurable difference.

In any case, don't expect miracles, there is nothing obviously
wrong with your command line, but you can always compare
with x264 ultrafast, it may be faster, I never tested.

Carl Eugen