[FFmpeg-user] YUV RGB Video Levels

Gyan gyandoshi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:45:19 EEST 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:48 AM Chris <c319chris-at-aol.com at ffmpeg.org>
wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give it a try. Does this apply to RGB as opposed to YUV? How
> do you arrive at planes=6, assuming 3 bit planes?

`6` is the decimal for 0110 where those middle bits represent the chroma
planes; the right represents luma, and the MSB represents alpha i.e. AVUY

I'm not sure this will do job, though.If there's any legal YUV triplet
which maps to out-of-bounds RGB this filter won't sanitize it.

The crude way is to roundtrip via RGB using scale.

Gyan