[FFmpeg-user] Which format and vcodec to use for watching live Streaming in Android Mobile

Abhisek Techie abhisek.study2016 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:08:53 EET 2018

Hi,

I am trying to watch live feeds from remote camera through  android mobile
by connecting to ffserver .

I have  tried using 3GP and MP4 containers , *but for both I am getting
"muxer does not support non seekable output" .*

*I would like to know which format should  I use for watching live feeds in
mobile* .
I did a web search and found that MP4 and 3GP formats are most widely used
but using these formats give me error .

Below are few more details  for your reference :

1.Command used by me to post the live feeds to ffserver -
ffmpeg -f v4l2 -r 25 -s 320*240 -i /dev/video0 -b:v 215k
http://myserverip:port/feed1.ffm

2.ffserver feed and stream details
<Feed feed1.ffm>
File /tmp/feed1.ffm