[FFmpeg-user] RTSP input re-encoded/copied to RTSP output stream

Dave Pritchard galrath at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 06:03:56 EEST 2018

Thank you Michael,

I had read amongst the many pages that a copy would produce better results
and without re-encoding however until now I have had zero success with it
and went back to bare basics to try to get it to work at all.

With further testing and your additions, I am now able to get a decent
stream using simply using the string you first mentioned with the copy.

I tried using the -re rtsp_transport however it comes up with an error
about option re cannot be applied to output url rtsp_transport, I'm looking
into that now.

Unfortunately, I don't have an nvidia card as I am working with a virtual
machine for it at present, however this is good information for future
knowledge.

Thank you again =)

1 Step closer.

Dave