[FFmpeg-user] Problems playing mjpeg stream at different bitrates

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:09:28 EEST 2018

>> Do the streams really work with other players?
>
> Yes, we tested our application for several months with a built-in
> VLC player and it worked well.
> VLC needs several attempts to start playing the stream but
> then it works fine.

I tested the two streams you provided with vlc 3.0.4 and both
behave exactly as with FFmpeg (which is generally expected).
Did you test another version?

More important though:
But you did not comment on the main point of my reply: Why
do you want to add a (possibly difficult) work-around for a
broken encoder: Don't you control the encoder as well? Can't
you fix it?

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen