[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Symbol Lookup Error

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:02:59 EEST 2018

> I installed FFMPEG v3.4.4 via apt-get on Ubuntu 16.04 and on running it,
> I'm facing the symbol lookup error while running it.
>
> abhijit at AHMCPU2092:~$ ffmpeg
> ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.57:
> undefined symbol: opus_multistream_surround_encoder_create
>
> I have installed all the opus* and libopus* globs packages available. Still
> I cannot understand the cause and solution to the problem.

If you installed both the FFmpeg and the libopus package from
the (same) Ubuntu sources, this is an Ubuntu issue and you
may get more help there.
In any case, try uninstalling and installing both packages.
There is also a command to delete your package cache, I
unfortunately don't know it.

Third party binaries exist:
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen