[FFmpeg-user] Symmetric RTP / socket reuse flag

Renaud Schoonbroodt renaud.schoonbroodt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 02:00:27 EEST 2018

Hi,

As the reuse option is not available for RTP, I have modified ffmpeg source
to add it. Unfortunately though the socket address is effectively reused
between my encoder and decoder (no more binding errors), the decoder fails
on av_read_frame with error -8a. I have not idea what can cause this.

So am trying to find another solution: is there is a way to open a
AVFormatContext for both reading and writing ?
I am hoping to use the socket for both encoding and decoding.

Furthermore, is there a way to disable RTCP ?

Thanks

Renaud